From Gaza, with Love

Friday, June 08, 2007

my trip in the states

Dear all
iam at the moment in the USA ,for a speaking tour , arranged by the middleast children alliences, please visit www. mecafor peace .org for more informations
yesterday i gave a speech in the UN commemarating thee 40th anniversary of the Isareli occupation to Gaza WB and East Jeruaslaem,i shall post it soon

i shall be back on the 4th of august , as on my way back i shall stay for one week in britain , to attend my son university graduation , and meet with the shefield women group ,
i love you all



ps
it is strange , i canot adapt myself to space and freedom , and i feel that iam carrying home with me , and flinch on hearing any loud noise
i had to leave Gaza 6 days in advance ,to make sure i donot miss my flight , the borders have closed for one week after i left,

5 Comments:

  • Dr. El-Farra,

    It was great to see you on Democracy Now! Best of luck to you in your tour. Hopefully someday you'll return to a free and democratic Palestine. I have a link to the story on my blog .

    By Blogger Mytwords, at 6/08/2007 9:23 PM  

  • Dear Dr. El-Farra,

    I heard you today on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now radio show(WMNF Public Radio in Tampa, Florida.)

    I was very inspired by your work in Gaza and would love to discuss with you an idea to help the children in Gaza and the West Bank.

    Please give me an email address or phone number where I can discuss this with you.

    Thank you,

    Gerard J. Van Gils
    1461 74th Circle NE
    St. Petersburg, FL 33702
    727-560-7899
    gerard.vangils@gmail.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/09/2007 12:16 AM  

  • Mona, I am watching you now on Democracy Now. Thank you so much for traveling so far, and putting yourself in danger to come speak to us. You are a hero to me!
    -Sara Kenney

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/09/2007 4:07 AM  

  • I thought Gaza had been closed and isolated for long before last week. Or was there no Israeli blockade after all? Is it just now that the Palestinians have the run of the place that they actually shut down the airports?

    By Blogger AnneMoss, at 6/18/2007 7:48 PM  

  • Israelimom,
    >>Or was there no Israeli blockade after all?<<

    It is made a PRISON by the occupiers!
    Hardly anyone can get out or in. The sea is closed off, the airfield is bombarded, so no sky traffic.
    The only border post to the "Holy land" is mainly closed.
    The other at Rafah is hardly open, though the occupier promised to keep it open. By some tricky rules they keep that one closed too. Is it a wonder that people who need medicines dig tunnels to Egypt to get them? They will never get their stuff the original way.
    Just read the last Oxfam report...(sic!)

    Peace to you...
    Herman

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/15/2007 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home