From Gaza, with Love

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Gaza-situation update

In the last four days the situation has deteriorated in Gaza. The
clashes between Fatta and Hamas restarted. My daughter can't go to
school and with great difficulty I had to leave home for an urgent
medical appointment.


While on my way from the east to the west of town, I could see
ambulances taking the bodies of 2 men, killed just a few minutes ago.


I regretted going out. The streets were deserted. I arrived at the
clinic and found no patients there. Just me. I

hurried back home, crossing the military barriers, and saw masked armed
young men, very young. I think of the Israeli soldiers, also so young.
I remember Rachel Corrie once said

"we are all kids curious about other kids. Palestinian kids shot from
the tanks when they peak out from behind walls to see what's going on.
International kids standing in front of tanks with banners. Israeli kids
in the tanks anonymously ."

I can hear shooting coming from everywhere. I arrived at my apartment
and heard noise outside the next door flat, and found 8 masked men
storming out the flat with the father of the family. I tried to
intervene, but one of the masked men pointed his gun at me. He was very
tense, shouting at me to leave at once. I left shocked. I've learned
that they killed the man - sometime in the next 15 minutes.

Israeli helicopters are in the skies of Gaza, south , north and east,
One of my friends who lives in Jabalia refugee camps says they hear
artillery shelling.

I can't go to work. I have patchy power and some food in my fridge,
enough for both me and my daughter.


Thinking deeply of the ongoing interclashes in Gaza, I can see it as natural outcome of many factors, since the so called infamous Oslo peace process took place, as peace treaty that served the Israelis interests and security, not taking in consideration, long lasting peace based on justice, followed by creating daily obstacles against the ongoing negotiation process, the disengagement plan from Gaza, while controlling and suffocating Gaza, no opened borders, no proper economy, deteriorating humanitarian situation , followed by the election , and the west embargo and the ongoing sanctions against the national unity government,, the ever-present all levels of the Israeli collaborators
, all those circumstances gave good grounds for the Palestinian Palestinian fight ,between the 2 groups with 2 different agendas , whatever those agendas are both serve the Israeli occupation agenda

Giving this analysis I don’t whatever forgive both parties Fattah and hamas from their criminal act against the Palestinian people present past and future

7 Comments:

  • Once again it's all the Jews/Israelis' fault for the savage nature of Hamas and Fatah. Try another tune sometime. Not everything is Israel's fault.

    By Blogger PetiteDov, at 5/17/2007 2:19 PM  

  • We have linked to your commentary on the 'Gaza-situation update' in our daily "security briefs" (today's are available at http://www.madrid11.net/articles/sbriefs170507 ).

    Madrid11.net is the branch of openDemocracy (the leading online magazine of international affairs www.opendemocracy.net) to do with terrorism and global security.

    If you are interested in what you see at Madrid11.net (soon to become Terrorism.openDemocracy.net), please feel free to link to the site or the daily security briefing, or to submit your own opinions and comments on security issues.

    Thank you,

    David Ackers

    By Blogger David Ackers, at 5/17/2007 2:34 PM  

  • How can we make it better? The men, the boys, who are doing this violence, what are they thinking?

    My thoughts are with you.

    By Blogger Monozygote, at 5/17/2007 4:42 PM  

  • i am israeli.. i dont know any agenda i have that is served by these events..

    none at all..

    hope it ends soon and we somehow make it to a peaceful path..

    By Blogger Lirun, at 5/17/2007 6:44 PM  

  • This must be a difficult time for you to deal with political debate, even in blog comments. Just wanted to echo what lirun said. As Israelis, our sole interest is in having a stable political and economical situation for the Palestinians, eventually their own state in the long run.

    I can see how the Israeli government has made many many mistakes along the way, but so have the Palestinians.

    By Blogger AnneMoss, at 5/22/2007 7:47 PM  

  • Thank you Mona for these websites.I am also very interested in Palestine and I have visited West Bank this summer.
    I am surprised how many Israelis post comments here.I would like to meet them and hear their opinions about peace and how can we make it.
    Faiza

    By Blogger Yara, at 11/16/2007 7:13 PM  

  • May Allah bless Palestinian.
    This world may be the one who's right juded to be wrong but I am sure in at the end of the world...True justice is there.
    We are blind from the true and we are fooled by media.
    My pray is with Palestinian.

    By Blogger From Tasman, at 4/08/2009 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home