From Gaza, with Love

Monday, April 23, 2007

love and warfare

last November when i visited bet ha noun village north of Gaza Strip , straight away after the Israeli army withdrawal , i met families next to their demolished homes , i have met a very interesting 70 years old man , he is a poet ,and was wearing traditional Palestinian costume ,
in front all of us , and unusual to our traditions and on top of their home rubble , he hugged his wife and started reciting some of his love poetry , i felt speechless, his poetry was about land , love home and resistance
Palestinian people does not have the spirit of victims , they have the freedom fighters spirits , we fight for noble , just cause ,life will continue , and one day justice and peace will prevail , i can then tell you alot of humans steadfastness stories , ordinary people stories, whom i have met during my work and they made the Palestinian people struggle against occupation legendary

3 Comments:

  • Hi Mona ... I am an American student of international relations planning to work with the Palestinian Centre For Human Rights beginning this September. I was curious is you could let me know how difficult it is to enter Gaza these days - especially since the disengagement. Between contacting the PA and the Israeli embassy, it seems to be a very convoluted process, with no clear answer. Any help would be much appreciated. My email is kris (at) harmonicminor (dot) com

    By Blogger kris, at 4/24/2007 10:52 PM  

  • Dear Mona,

    I have nominated you for a 'Thinkin Blogger Award'. I find your site both heart warming in its humanity and heart breaking in its honesty.

    http://www.outsidethegates.com/content/view/344/

    Love

    les

    By Blogger les, at 4/25/2007 10:51 AM  

  • Resistence is no crime - I would resist as well would someone destroy my home and kill my family!! I think though that NON-violent resistence is BETTER and STRONGER as it has the back and respect of the rest of the world!
    I am always AGAINST violence ...

    By Blogger Karin, at 5/04/2007 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home