From Gaza, with Love

Monday, July 10, 2006

Fishing boats subjected to the Israeli army fire

Dear all
it is 11am , Monday , no electricity in my apartment for the last 18 hours ,I'm at home , I shall write in my next blog about my yesterday visit to AlAwda hospital in Jabalia Refujjee camp,but now I would like to share with you quickly what I have seen in front of my window , in the last 15 mintues
you know that the Gazan fishermen , were not allowed to go fishing , since the start of the recent assault against Gaza , fish is expensive , and scarce (can you believe it , fish is expensive in the markets of sea town like Gaza), now it is the season for the most cheap fish that most Gazans can afford , it is called Sardine fish , it is small and tasty ,cheap and very popular too , for the last 2 weeks , no fish boats were allowed into the see , even for short depth , today I watched desperate fishing boat , literally under my window ,may be 150 meters inside the sea , all of a sudden , I started to hear heavy shelling , shooting , quickly I asked sondos9my daughter ) ,to move to the back of the flat , and with a quick glance , I could see the Israeli gun boat firing around the fishing boat, which had to go back to the port ,it was not hit , it was an alarming shooting !!!!!!I'm sorry I didn't tell you before about the suffering of the fishermen , as well as the farmers , workers , students all Palestinian living under occupation what a releif ,THE POWER IS ON ,I need to hurry up now charge my mobile , laptop,torch , and do quick washing , and have a shower too,it is valuable,and big treat those days to have a nice shower , with scarce water and patchy power , after that iam going to an important emergency meeting , to see how can we help beit lahia village people , and the Rafah Bedouin people who were displaced because of the recent attack into their villages and communities .

in love and solidaroty
Mona ElFarra

10 Comments:

  • Mona, I do suffer with you when I read all that ... believe me - it hurts me to the bone!!
    WATCH YOURSELF AND SONDOS ... and HANG IN THERE!! How is your daughter holding up? Give her a BIG hug - and here's one for YOU!!

    By Blogger Karin, at 7/10/2006 11:57 AM  

  • since you work with human rights...did ANY arab goverment do ANYTHING to help...or did they (as usual) sat there like a punch of girl (altough girls have more guts than our goverments).

    By Blogger Thamood, at 7/10/2006 12:42 PM  

  • Good question Thamood? Where are our fellow Arab countries? What are they doing to help the Palestinians?

    Mona, am sorry for your struggles and I hope you get some satisfaction with the support you are getting from all of us. Stay strong and courageous as you have been so far. You are a credit to all Palestinians!!

    By Blogger Halla, at 7/10/2006 4:53 PM  

  • I appreciate you deleting my serious questions, comments, and concerns for the situation you are dealing with and the situation many are dealing with in that part of the world. It truly is the best way to promote education and growth on the subject in the minds of many by censoring them.

    Thank you.

    By Blogger Blake, at 7/10/2006 11:04 PM  

  • sofia my dear, your really need to read the "Jews Stole Land?" post on my blog.

    BTW, it seems Jews NEVER hide when mass casualties are caused by their military activities - look at the Torah. But it does seem that the enemies of the Jews rarely wish to remember them.

    Test: What happened to Cyrene?

    By Blogger Solomon2, at 7/10/2006 11:34 PM  

  • Sofia
    I am from the US, the same thing is happening here. I am not Jewish but have many Jewish friends who are rebelling against Israel for what they are doing. It seems to me the people are speaking while the government is hiding it's head in the sand and afraid to stand up and be counted for doing the right thing.

    To Mona, We are with you till the end and with that may peace be for us all. God Bless You.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/11/2006 12:53 AM  

  • Thank you, hope you remain safe.

    By Blogger chumly, at 7/11/2006 2:22 AM  

  • Dear Mona,

    Thanks for giving us some insight on what it's like in Gaza; and thanks for not letting the hateful ones distract you!

    I can't speak for all liberal bloggers in the US, but I am discussing the situation in Gaza. I don't care to get drawn into the eye-for-an-eye spite and name-calling -- my concerns are with the people any government anywhere calls "collateral damage", an obscene concept.

    Be safe and well -- my best wishes go out to you and yours.

    By Blogger meldonna, at 7/11/2006 10:02 AM  

  • Stay safe Mona. I expected to see more comments given the courageous decision of the LAT and Boston Herald publishing some of your writing, but perhaps comment moderation has slowed it down. At least I hope that's all it is. I hope you increasing profile doesn't put you at further risk than you already run.

    By Blogger Glenn Condell, at 7/12/2006 11:20 AM  

  • I think that those identified with an occupying country who wish peaceful statements from those they are occupying might better serve their cause by working to end the Israeli occupation once and for all.

    No, ending the occupation will not create utopia, but it will prevent Israel from becoming a pariah state. It will give Palestinians a chance to exist. And those things matter to the two peoples being able to go through a process of reconciliation.

    It is not realistic or reasonable to expect people under occupation to love their occupiers. History just doesn't work that way, and there are no exceptions.

    By Blogger freespeechlover, at 7/17/2006 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home