From Gaza, with Love

Friday, September 29, 2006

Hello I'm back with love from Gaza

Dear all

Hello and sorry for not writing regularly,I didn't realize that it has been over a month since I wrote my last blog ,my son who is studying in Manchester , asked ,where Ian and what is the matter ? He knows very well that I usually write direct from my heart , and my heart is aching and full of pain agony anger and disbelief ,living through the continuous daily life under occupation , watching the young children , poor ,sick and miserable who currently need of the efforts of different aid organizations, to get their general basic needs food medicine ,school bags and uniform, ,with the increasing rate of violence amongst the Palestinian families and the anemia reached as high as 42%amongst gazan kids under 5 years ,no water no electricity . No proper food , as a result of the world economical sanctions and the daily military Israeli assaults, that are not covered by the media , everyday there is incursions , assassinations , home demolitions, and not to forget how 1.5 population are trapped inside Gaza ,
today 2 young brothers were killed while on while on their bikes , in the north of Gaza, everyday at least 3- 4 people are killed in different military actions .

I felt that I say the same things,I repeat on and on , this is the truth , I feel emotionally strained , but not defeated
,I'm like all of us here in Gaza , too much occupied by the unbearable
humanitarian crisis,I'm working all the time to secure medications , food,milk
, books for the community grants for the students ,in the most hard situation ,in the meantime following up
without real hope or enthiusam, the ongoing political marathon towards
the negotiations for Palestinian national unity government
,any way
,despite all what we are going through , we face our destiny With dignity ,
with resolve not ease,

here is the link for what I sent to the BBC on the international peace day ,on 21th of September
, with your support ,solidarity and courage to spread the truth , one day we shall all enjoy just fare peace.

in solidarity
Mona ElFarra


http://news/2/hi/talking_point/5356248.stm

It was up on the site for a good few days.

5 Comments:

  • I found some very good videos that are worth watching about the situation in the Palestinian Territories:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoWoQ9pqNbo


    These are very good videos showing Israeli aggression.

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3174939144671427658&q=death+in+gaza&hl=en


    =============================

    http://skiizm.blogspot.com/

    Here is an interesting video for anyone who might be interested about 9/11. It is not long and very entertaining.

    When you get to the site you have to scroll down a little to get to the 9/11 video.

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 9/30/2006 8:50 AM  

  • Mona - it tears me apart to read what's going on in Gaza, with the people, the children, the sick ... it is such a horrible horrible nightmare!! If I'd knew only what can be done to help ...

    STAY STRONG Mona, we are with you and support you all the way! Tell the people they are NOT forgotten, they are loved and respected just the way EVERYONE on this planet does deserve that!!

    Please stay in touch - the truth MUST come out and you are one of those who can deliver and spread it!

    LOVE YOU dear ... BIG HUG!! :)

    By Blogger Karin, at 9/30/2006 9:50 AM  

  • Mona I'm very glad to see you back!
    While the Israeli attacks on Gaza continue, I'm relieved and heartened to see you say: "...despite all what we are going through , we face our destiny With dignity ,
    with resolve not ease..."


    The link for the BBC piece unfortunately does not work. "page cannot be displayed" (tried it as .htm just in case, but no luck with that either)

    By Blogger Amelopsis, at 10/01/2006 5:39 AM  

  • Hello Dr. El Farra,

    Thank you for keeping this blog to help us all be more aware. I have a question, though I do not wish to be critical. Those of us in the Diaspora sometimes have difficulty getting good information.

    I understand that food has been spoiling at Karni with the inability to export. Also, that many children who were already undernourished are going without food. What is it that inhibits the redistribution of food such that the children can receive it? Insurance, military, the infrastructure of the nation has stopped functioning with the bombings and embargo, the possiblity was explored but was not a viable option.

    Can you comment on which groups are doing well at being able to penetrate and provide aid?

    By Blogger the path less traveled, at 10/16/2006 1:08 PM  

  • I heard about your Blog on the News. I just want you to know that we appreciate your work and admire the great strenght that you reflect!

    Keep Writing!

    By Blogger Ghazal, at 3/03/2007 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home