From Gaza, with Love

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Beginnings

Hello everyone,

I would like to welcome you all to my humble blog, which I have set up with the assistance of my wonderful niece Laila El-Haddad (whom you might know as a journalist for Aljazeera english and from her blog, Raising Yousuf). I thank her firstly for all her help, and hope this blog will serve as a small window into occupied Gaza for the outside world, a forum where one more voice can shout out to the blogosphere and to the world about what is happening here, in the largest open-air prison on earth.

As mentioned in my profile, I am a physician by training, head of health committee and board member of Red Crescent Society of the Gaza Strip, and formerly with the Union of Health Work Committees. cofounder of alawda Hospital in Jabalia refujees camp, and founder of of 2 cultural centers for children inRafah and Jabalia,Raechel corrie and Alasria centers, I am also a human rights activist and women's rights activist by practice. I was born and raised in Khan Yunis in southern Gaza, and now reside in Gaza City, where I have lived most of my life. With that, I sign out, as I do in every email:

From Gaza, with Love.

7 Comments:

  • Welcome abroad Mona. I’m extremely happy to see more and more Palestinian blogs coming up.

    I will soon add your blog to “Palestine Blogs Aggregator”: http://palestineblogs.net/

    Wish you all the best :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2006 2:50 PM  

  • May I extend my welcome, also. Wonderful to have another voice from Gaza in addition to your articulate niece. Gruesse aus Deutschland...

    By Blogger umkahlil, at 3/22/2006 5:45 PM  

  • Alf mabrook! Will keep checking it :)

    Lots of love from your niece..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2006 10:26 AM  

  • Ahlein! Mar‑haba!

    Looking forward to reading your blog.

    I heard from Laila that you are working closely with a good friend of mine, Barbara Lubin of the
    Middle East Children's Alliance
    www.mecaforpeace.org

    By Blogger Moses, at 3/24/2006 8:32 PM  

  • Hi Mona
    This is really great!! We'll all feel closer to you and Gaza. Glad you got back safely.
    Love
    Hilary Nelson

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/27/2006 10:01 AM  

  • Congratulations, good start, wish you the best :)

    By Blogger Abed. Hamdan, at 4/02/2006 3:59 AM  

  • I heard your talk in Sheffield at the Womens International Day and I was inspired. Your words about 'keeping going steadily, steadily' were sobering given what you are all coping with and they are a really powerful reminder that this is what we all have to do.
    With love and solidarity...Chris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home